Daily Update: No classes today, but this Tuesday 3/11 we’ll be exploring the freezing point while we make tasty ice creams — register today! ALSO registering Track 1 half-day track-out camp, March 17-21 and Summer Camps (both full and half-day options).
- Get details about our current track out programs: Click here.
- View our current schedule of Classes & Camps (or register): Click here.
What IS Challenge Island? It’s a delightful, wildly popular enrichment program that promotes creative and critical thinking skills in children through hands-on projects that blend science and engineering concepts with arts and crafts play.
Each session girls and boys are teamed up to take on a new challenge, working collaboratively to come up with ever more innovative solutions. Loosely based on a well-known reality TV show, Challenge Island activities are themed around different imaginary “islands”– and every 8-week unit features a whole NEW set of challenges so children never get bored!
Our innovative programming reinforces STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and core language arts skills (but let’s keep that last part under our hats, because as far as kids are concerned Challenge Island is just plain fun!).
New to North Carolina, Challenge Island is versatile, offering:
- Elementary and middle school enrichment programs, through after-school sessions and clubs, group classes for homeschooled children, and in-school field trips (note: there is no out-of-pocket cost to schools–in fact, it’s typically a source of additional funds FOR schools)
- Track out and summer camps (also makes a great add-on program to your existing camp programming).
- Birthday parties in Cary, Apex and Holly Springs.
- Science and/or creativity fairs.
Contact Tom or Wendy Harrington (details at right) to find out more and/or to bring the program to your Cary, Apex or Holly Springs school or camp.